In 2008, Lansdowne Borough adopted a formed based Zoning Code. The purpose of this code is to have a more predictable building form versus one that relies on building uses, thus allowing for a more desirable physical form and purpose of properties on the Borough. Due to the additional requirements of the formed based Zoning code it is advisable before applying for a Zoning permit to talk to the Zoning Officer about your business venture or project. The zoning office can be reached at 610-623-7300 X 232 or emailed at LansdowneZoning@borough.lansdowne.pa.us for assistance.
Zoning permits can be obtained using the following process:
- Have a Conversation with the Zoning Officer about your business venture or project.
- Obtain a Zoning application. Via email from the Zoning Officer or in person at Borough Hall Code Office.
- Submit filled out application with appropriate fees.
- You will be notified via email from the Zoning Officer, the decision about your application.
- If approved, you will receive a Zoning permit via email.
- If denied, you will receive a letter of denial and reasons for the denial, an application for a public hearing
- If you wish to go for a variance or appeal, complete the application for a public hearing with the appropriate fee and a Zoning hearing will be scheduled for you.
- You will be notified via email of hearing date and time. You must attend the Zoning hearing and be prepared to present your case to the Zoning Board.