- Finance & Administration
Finance & Administration
The Borough’s Finance and Administration staff conducts all Borough financial activities accurately, timely and effectively in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and sound business practices for municipal entities.
General Financial Information
Revenue is generated from several sources including:
- A real estate tax (rate) based on the assessed value of individual properties. Beginning in 2021 the rate of 13.0207 mills was adjusted downward to 7.6883 to account for adjustments in the overall value of assessed property that resulted from the county-wide reassessment project. Borough Council reduced real estate taxes by 5% in 2022 which lowered the millage rate to 7.3039. In 2022 the median (assessed) property value is $146,000. The 2022 millage rate for the median property generates a real estate tax of $1,066.
- The sewer fee is based on connections to the Borough sewer system and gallons of water consumed. Each property with a sewer connection is charged a base fee of $164 plus $7.52 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed in excess of 21,174 gallons. The median sewer fee is between $400 and $500 per property. Sewage flow per property is derived from the previous year’s potable water usage as reported to the Borough by AQUA PA.
- A trash fee of $373 per housing unit.
- An Earned Income Tax (a/k/a Wage Tax) of .5%
- Other revenue includes intergovernmental transfers and grants primarily from the State of Pennsylvania.
Borough taxes and fees are mailed on or about February 1st of each year. Taxes and fees paid before March 31st are discounted 2%. Taxes and fees paid after May 31st are subject to a 10% penalty. For questions and request for further information contact the Tax Collector at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-955-9754 .
The Borough maintains three funds, a General Fund, Sewer Fund, and Liquid Fuels (Paving) Fund. General Fund revenues are generated from a real estate tax, a trash fee, an earned income tax of .5%, and other fee for services. The Sewer Fund is funded by sewer fees and and the Liquid Fuels Fund is funded from a transfer to the Borough of gasoline tax collected by state government.
- 2023 Budget
- Preliminary 2023 Budget & Presentation
- 2022 Budget
- 2021 Budget
- 2019 Budget all funds (consolidated)
- 2019 Budget General Fund
- 2021 Bond Rating Report
- 2019 Bond Rating Report
- 2018 Bond Rating Report
- Tax Collector
- Act 44 Disclosure Form
Audited Financial Statements
2021 General Audited Financial Statements
2020 General Audited Financial Statements
2019 General Audited Financial Statements
2018 General Audited Financial Statements
2017 General Audited Financial Statements
2016 General Audited Financial Statements
2015 General Audited Financial Statements
2014 General Audited Financial Statements
2013 General Audited Financial Statements
2012 General Audited Financial Statements
2011 General Audited Financial Statements
2010 General Audited Financial Statements
2009 General Audited Financial Statements
2008 General Audited Financial Statements