- Yard waste will only be collected on designated yard waste Wednesdays. Please refer to the calendar/schedule for specified days and note that yard waste collection does not happen on weeks with a holiday such as 4th of July week.
- Yard waste includes clippings (including grass), branches, brush, etc, The yard waste collection service ensures that organic waste is treated as such and taken to a composting site rather than into a landfill. Yard waste in plastic will NOT be collected.
Other details of the service include:
- Branches and sticks must be no more than four feet long and bundled together and tied with string
- In the Fall, do not combine leaves and yard waste. Use the borough's curb-side Leaf Collection program
- Leave at the curb
- No dirt, stone, or concrete/cement.
- No plastic bags
- Place yard debris directly in trash cans or large brown paper yard waste bags (sold at hardware and grocery stores)
- The program runs all year round most Wednesdays. (see trash and recycling schedule)
- Yard waste must be out to your curb by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pickup date
- Christmas Tree collection is concurrent with yard-waste collection borough-wide per the yard-waste collection schedule. Alternatively, you may drop off your tree to be mulched at the following sites:
- Mulch Works 22 Mt. Pleasant Rd, Aston, 888-214-4628
- Delco Mulch 1720 State Rd, Upper Darby, 610-352-8008
- Mulch Express , 610-558-3294