Selling a house or business
Visit the Portal for all your U & O resale needs, Apply for and pay for U & O certificates online.
Selling your house or business?
In accordance with Borough Ordinance, transfer of real property requires a Property Transfer Permit (U & O ) Use and Occupancy Certificate prior to proceeding to settlement.
Special Announcement concerning Resale U & O Certificates
Please read the special process setup for U & O resale Certificates
- Owner or agent applies for U & O Certificate
- Associated fees are required to be paid upon submission of U & O application.
- Once the application is received with appropriate fees, an inspection is scheduled for the property, inside and out.
- If violations of the code are found, an inspection list is provided to the seller or agent.
- Once the listed items are corrected, then a re-inspection is completed.
- If all listed items are satisfied, then a U & O will be issued so that the property may proceed to settlement.
Properties sold “AS IS”
Sometime properties are sold “as is” thru seller/ buyer agreements, auctions and sheriff sales that put all responsibility on the new owner or agent to obtain the Property transfer permit.
(U & O Certificate). This can be obtained thru this following process:
- New Owner or agent obtains U & O Certificate application
- New Owner or agent pays associated fees
- If time allows an inspection maybe setup prior to application for a Conditional/temp U & O
- Property violation list generated, if any violations exists. List given to buyer.
- New owner or agent obtains Application and Affidavit for Conditional Occupancy Certificate
- Obtain Application Here: Application and Affidavit for Conditional Occupancy Certificate
- New owner or agent pays all associated fees for Conditional/temp U & O
- New owner or agent sets up a property inspection, inside and outside
- New owner or agent corrects all listed items.
- Property reinspected, if found compliant, Permanent U & O issued for property
- Property can be occupied.