Rental properties located in the Borough of Lansdowne are regulated by Borough Ordinance 1063. This Ordinance requires all rental properties to be registered and obtain a rental license each year. To register and obtain your rental license, the following process should be followed:
- Obtain your rental property license application. Rental Property License Application.
- Submit signed application with appropriate fees to the Borough.
- Schedule a rental property inspection for your rental property.
If inspection passes and no violations exist, a rental license will be issued to you.
If violations on the property are so noted, a time limit is placed on having those violations corrected, once corrected and inspected and verified, then a rental license will be issued for that property.
Be sure to include on the application , if applicable, any of the following:
- Property management company contact if manage by a property manager, must be active 24/7 for emergencies.
- Must designate local property agent, if the owner lives more than 10 miles, up to 50 miles from property with rapid entry lock system. Must provide name address and 24/7 contact number of this agent.
- Emergency contractor contact information required
- Latest yearly Fire alarm certification
- Latest yearly Sprinkler System Certification, If equipped.
Forms not properly filled in will be deemed not complete and unacceptable to process.
- Please be sure to read the Rental License Ordinance Letter regarding additional requirements for your license application.