Owners of rental properties are required to register properties/units annually.
Rental Property Registration Process
1. Gather documentation:
- All owner and property management contact information including 24/7 phone number,email addresses, and tenant list.
- Emergency contractor contact information, if required.
- Electronic payment method
2. Register at the Rental Property Portal.
3. Schedule a rental property inspection for your rental property.
- If inspection passes w/o deficiencies a rental license will be issued.
- If deficient, an allotted period of time will be set for making repairs/corrections.
- Upon reinspection and /or verification of corrections, a rental license will be issued.
Rental Properties: General Information
Rental properties located in the Borough of Lansdowne are regulated by Borough Ordinance 1063.
Annual rental property registration required by Ord.1063.
Property Management companies shall provide 24/7 emergency contact information.
Non-local property owners shall designate a local property agent if an owner is more than 10 miles from subject property
Emergency contractor contact information required. Latest yearly Fire alarm certification.Latest yearly Sprinkler System Certification, If equipped.
Forms not properly filled in will be deemed not complete and unacceptable to process.
Please be sure to read the Rental License Ordinance Letter regarding additional requirements for your license application.
Renter’s Rights in Pennsylvania
Questions about your rights as a renter in Pennsylvania, then check this out: Know your rights