In 2008, Lansdowne Borough adopted a form-based zoning code. The purpose of the form-based code is to have more predictable building architecture (form) versus only relying on controlling the use of a building. The aim is to achieve a more appropriate architecture and higher quality form of borough buildings. Due to the additional requirements of a form-based code it is advisable to talk to the Zoning Officer about your business venture or project in advance of making a zoning permit application.
Zoning permits process:
1. Review relevant portions of the zoning code and zoning district map (i.e. fencing, rear-yard setback, decking, addition).
2. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Apply for a Zoning Permit at the portal.
The application will generate the following email confirmations:
- Permit application submission confirmation
- Permit payment submission confirmation
- Permit application approval confirmation and instructions for site posting
- Permit application denial confirmation (insufficient detail, documentation, payment etc.)
Zoning Denials are subject to appeal by the owner or applicant within 20 days of issuance of a Zoning Denial. Appeals are made to the Zoning Hearing Board.