Lansdowne Borough is committed to maintaining the high integrity of infrastructure for all of its residents. Through an inspection process, it has been determined that the sanitary sewer in several areas of the Borough are failing and need to be replaced. This project has been planned in order to provide effective and reliable sanitary sewer service to residents. The Borough is set to replace approximately 2,500 feet of sewer pipe in the next 4-6 weeks. This includes new piping, manhole replacement and all necessary appurtenances.
Measures will be taken to minimize impact to any private property, however, there may be minor inconveniences.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION:
- Construction will generally take place Monday to Friday from 7 am to 4 pm. Exceptions may occur in the case of an emergency.
- Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule.
- Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant. In order to minimize disruption in the streets, most of the construction work at each location will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment will be used during construction, and you may see open trenches, pipes, piles of excavated dirt, and debris.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses, and access to residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted however, interruption of sewer service is NOT expected.
CLICK HERE to see a map of the sewer update map