Thank you to everyone who joined us a day of celebration as we reopened Reservoir Park to the community. The revitalization of this area in town is the result of the work of many people in Lansdowne Borough.
The completion of this park revitalization project is due to the work of many members in our community in developing our green spaces in the community. This work served to preserve the environment by restoring the Sanitary Sewer lines that run under the park. And, also restores the natural Streambank to prevent erosion. Finally, the plantings of flowering native trees and shrubs for habitat for songbirds and pollinators.
The project demonstrates the synthesis of the preservation of the environment with the beautification of the neighborhood. Projects like this realize the vision of our community, and we are here to celebrate the achievement of many people’s hard work. So today, as we celebrate we also show gratitude.
- To begin, thank you to the past Borough Councils who saw the vision of opening this previously fenced off area into a park.
- Thank you to the members past and present of the Parks and Recreation Board and our Director of Parks and Recreation Erica Sollberger and Borough Manager Craig Totaro for researching and applying for the grants to revitalize this area.
- Thank you to the State for the financing $300,000 from the Community Conservation Partnerships Program to restore Reservoir Park.
- Thank you to Delaware County and the Delco Green Ways (Delaware County, PA) to support the remaining $100,000 of the project.
- Thank you to the members currently on Council who continued to pursue the development of our community.
- Finally, thank you to all members of the community who patiently waited for the completion of this project.
Today, the park is reopened and we celebrate its place in our community.
Benjamin Hover, Council President
View Video of the Opening Ceremony Below: