On June 7th, 1863, the Borough of Lansdowne officially incorporated as a municipality separating from Upper Darby Township. In August of that year, Borough Council officially adopted the first Ordinance establishing the official seal of Lansdowne, which since was changed by a later Borough Council to be Sycamore Tree we now know and love.
The first seal of Lansdowne showed the Lansdowne Friends Meeting house with the date of incorporation. To honor the centennial of Lansdowne, numerous volunteers created the Centennial Quilt with the original seal of Lansdowne in the right hand corner of the quilt.
Pictured are the minutes adopting Ordinance #1 and a picture of the quilt square with the seal.